Tashkent State University of Economics, Master Degree in Economics, Tashkent, Uzbekistan
Emory University, Business Administration
Prior to joining SSH Advisors, Jahangir has been a partner of tax and legal department in Ernst & Young Kazakhstan where he led International Tax Services and Financial Services groups. During 2007-2008 and 2011-2013 Jahangir was a part of Group on servicing financial institutions in Ernst & Young, Moscow. Jahangir has over 19 years of experience in providing tax consulting services.
In addition to tax law, Jahangir has a broad understanding of various business and investment related issues, which domestic and foreign investors encounter in their operations. He has proven experience of tailoring solutions to specific requirements of the business within the framework of Kazakhstan and international tax law.
Jahangir specializes in tax law, including:
- Full spectrum of issues on taxation of banks and financial institutions, including issues on securitization, issuance of financial derivatives, structured products, Islam financing, restructuring of distressed assets, etc.;
- International tax structuring, M&A, corporate reorganization;
- Taxation of subsurface users and contractors related to them, construction companies;
- Retail and industrial sectors of economy.
New York University, LL.M. in Taxation
New York, USA
The London School of Economics, Degree of Masters of Laws, London, Great Britain
Baku State University, Bachelor degree in international law, Baku, Azerbaijan
Safkhan has over 19 years of diverse experience in consulting and representing clients ranging from locally based investors through multi-nationals and state agencies on various tax and legal issues.
Prior to establishing SSH Advisors, Safkhan has worked as a Legal Director for a large private equity fund in Kazakhstan, which had Goldman Sachs, Mittal Investments and several high net worth individuals as partners.
More than 10 years of his career Safkhan has worked for international law firms (Baker Botts LLP) and big four consulting (PwC, KPMG and Ernst & Young) in Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan and United Kingdom and over 5 years in industry/ private equity funds and private practice.
For many years, Safkhan's main area of specialization has been tax law, in particular international tax planning, tax advice, mergers, acquisitions and reorganization transactions, tax optimization of financial institutions and funds, service, construction and development companies.
Safkhan is also a member of the New York Bar Association and admitted to practice law in the state of New York.
University of World Economy and diplomacy
Prior to joining SSH Advisors, Ravshan had been working with Ernst & Young Kazakhstani office for 14 years, including 10 years on leading positions.
Ravshan has an extensive advisory, due diligence and audit experience which includes working with a number of international investment companies, top Central Asia financial institutions and large production, mining, oil & gas and FMSG companies in Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, as well as in Netherlands, Canada and Colombia.
- Both buyer side & seller side financial due diligence services;
- Development / analysis of business plans, forecasting of financial data, financial modeling, forecast of cash flow and working capital indicators;
- Transformation of financial statements into IFRS / US GAAP standards;
- Consultations in the field of internal audit and internal control system;
- Audit of financial statements prepared in accordance with IFRS and US GAAP.
- Provision of consulting services in the preparation of companies for the audit of the Big Four companies.
Ravshan is also US public certified accountant (Maine state).